1st Place, Colophon
2021-22, Division 3, Yearbook Visual & Verbal
A colophon includes technical aspects of the book and printing as well as a listing of the yearbook staff and adviser. It may include press association memberships, previous awards and other information. It is not simply a letter from the editor, although this may be included.
- Designed as a visual unit; arrangement of photos, headline, copy, captions and white space invite reader into the design and show careful planning
- Acknowledgments are tastefully presented.
- Center of interest in photo(s) is not trapped in gutter; action and faces in photos do not face off spread
- Non-rectangular photos, tilted photos and other special treatments are used sparingly and effectively to enhance overall design
- Graphics and typography enhance readability and attractiveness of design and reinforce the visual/verbal statement of the theme
- Copy and captions are readable size and use readable font