By Madison Sempsrott
1st Place Division 2, Yearbook Visual
- Each ad contains a clear key message responding to a student or community need and promotes a specific product or service offered by a business.
- Each ad has a strong center of visual interest/a clear dominant element that supports the key message. (Unless designing a business card ad, this typically is not the logo of the business.)
- Includes a well-written headline to attract interest and promote the ad’s key message; the headline is not the name of the business
- Copy follows up on the headline and further explains the ad’s key message
- Each ad includes the name and contact information of the business and may include its logo; other information that might encourage readers to take action may be included
- The elements in the design encourage the reader’s eye to view all parts of the ad
- Typography enhances readability and attractiveness of design. Typically limited to one or two typefaces.